
I took some time out and did a dry run of the layout plan to double check my thoughts and ensure the space I've allocated will indeed work. Essentially the plan involves two complete and separate loop runs in a large inverted U shape. The right side of the upside down U will be 11 1/2 feet out, the back part 13 feet long and the left side will be 7 1/2 feet out. The width on the right side will allow for nice wide turns with 33" curves and the left side will be more compressed with 22" curves.
In the center of the wide turns will be the coal mine/loading operation and on the left side in the more narrow turns will be the siding for the Tropicana train and a mock-up of an orange grove.
The 13" feet run along the wall will allow for nice long runs of trains side by side. There will be a connecting turnout area to allow the two separate loop runs to crossover if needed or desired.
I am enjoying the decision to go with Kato's outstanding HO Unitrack.
No comments:
Post a Comment