
I began the process of replacing all of my plastic wheels with metal wheels. I have purchased 33" and 36" metal wheel sets from several different vendors, to include Kadee, Intermountain, and Life-like Proto, as I found good deals on Ebay. I started with my intermodal car fleet.
I will continue the task as I weather and seal the various rolling stock I have. Overall I really like the way metal wheels sound on the rails over the sound plastic wheels and metal wheels go along way in keeping your track cleaner longer. Also, with rolling stock the lower the weight of the car, the lower it's center of gravity - and that provides for smoother rolling with a lot less wobble. Especially important in double stacks and Hi-Cube cars. I am using 33"s on my intermodal fleet and 36"s on all the rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment