Friday, March 27, 2009

Task: Check out new Atlas Gold Series loco

I purchased my first Atlas Gold Series locomotive with QSI sound. And I have to say its by far the best sounding engine I've ever heard. I will post more when I complete the build and detail/weather it. The engine is a CSX flagged, GE Dash 8-40CW, road # 7681.

Did I mention how great it sounds? I now own engines with DCC/Sound decoders from all the main manufacturers except Digitrax. Ranking the ones I own would be: 1) QSI 2) BLI's new Paragon2 3) ESU LokSound 4) SoundTraxx and 5) MRC Sound.

QSI and BLI's Paragon 2 sounds easily out pace the others with QSI edging out BLI for the top spot. The QSI is so good that down the road--money allowing--I will replace 3, 4 and 5 ranked sounds with QSI sound boards.

Also arriving in the mail was my new MRC 8 Amp DCC Booster. I think this booster will provide all the power I need to run my 13 DCC engines (8 of which have sound) and accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment