I began some of the terrain. Using bunched up newspaper to create the basic shape and then masking tape to hold it in place. Next using Plaster with water added, mixed in a small litter pan until it was the right goop, I dipped in Bounty papertowel sections and then layed them over the newspaper and track risers. After about 30-45 mins the papertowels harden nicely and the foundation layer of the terrain for future scenic touches is completed. Prior to laying the plaster-dipped papertowels, I elevated the track sections in the area with wood blocks in order to provide room for maneuvering the papertowels around.
Eventually the papertowel terrain base will be covered by the textured ground layer. This ground layer will be a "goop"created by mixing 1 cup Celluclay, 1 cup house flat brown latex paint, 1/3 cup white glue, 1 cup Vermiculite, 1 cap of liquid concentrate Lysol, and then water until is like a peanut butter consistency. This will then be applied with a small trowel to a depth of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Once this dries, then scenic grass, underbrush, trees and other stuff will be applied.
No comments:
Post a Comment